Coconut Rice Pudding Recipe
This rice pudding from our Test Kitchen has a hint of citrus and a mild coconut flavor. Look for unsweetened coconut milk in the Asian aisle of your grocery store.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium grain rice
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the rice, water, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, salt and lemon peel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- 2. Stir in the milk, condensed milk, coconut milk, raisins and vanilla. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring frequently. Discard cinnamon sticks. Sprinkle coconut over pudding. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 421 calories, 18 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC