What a delicious treat! Tart rhubarb is sweetened with crunchy pecans and flaked coconut, while a cake mix proves a tender base. —Connie Korger, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 1 package butter pecan cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, water and, if desired, food coloring. Cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until rhubarb is tender; cool slightly. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cake mix. Top with coconut and pecans. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Rhubarb Dessert in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p43
Reviews for Coconut Rhubarb Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review