Coconut Raspberry Bars Recipe
While mixing a batch of plain bars, I was inspired to add raspberry preserves and flaked coconut to the dough…and wound up with these yummy treats, now a family favorite. —Amanda Denton, Barre, Vermont
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 jar (12 ounces) raspberry preserves
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 1-1/4 cups coconut and walnuts.
- 2. Press three-fourths of the dough into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Spread with preserves. Sprinkle with chips and remaining coconut. Crumble remaining dough over the top; press lightly.
- 3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 168 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Raspberry Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC