While mixing a batch of plain bars, I was inspired to add raspberry preserves and flaked coconut to the dough…and wound up with these yummy treats, now a family favorite. —Amanda Denton, Barre, Vermont
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 jar (12 ounces) raspberry preserves
- 1 cup white baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 1-1/4 cups coconut and walnuts.
- Press three-fourths of the dough into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Spread with preserves. Sprinkle with chips and remaining coconut. Crumble remaining dough over the top; press lightly.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Raspberry Bars in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p30
Reviews for Coconut Raspberry Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review