Coconut-Raisin Rice Pudding
In Shepherdsville, Kentucky, Debbie Skaggas warms up winter nights with this old-fashioned dessert. "My husband likes this dish served warm or cold," she shares. "it's a good way to use up extra rice."
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- Place butter in 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside. In a large
- bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and salt. Stir
- in the rice and raisins. Transfer to prepared baking dish. bake,
- uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes; sprinkle with coconut. Bake
- 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve
- warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 383 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.