Coconut Pumpkin Loaves Recipe
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil and extract until smooth. Combine the flour, dry pudding mixes, cinnamon, baking soda and nutmeg; add to the pumpkin mixture just until combined. Stir in nuts and coconut.
- 2. Transfer to three greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Wrap and freeze for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 143 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Pumpkin Loaves
"Loved this recipe but made the following changes: Replaced 1/2 cup of oil with 1/2 cup Apple Butter; added 1/2 cup Craisins. I do this with almost every pumpkin bread recipe I make and it always turns out moist and spicey."
"I was in the pumpkin mood today with the cool weather we are having. This bread is delicous! Very moist and perfect for the season. Love it."