Coconut Pumpkin Loaves Recipe
"A friend made this moist bread for us years ago," recalls Anne Smithson, Cary, North Carolina. "Because it makes three loaves, I can give one loaf to a neighbor, enjoy one with my family and freeze one for later."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:48 servings
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil and extract until smooth. Combine the flour, dry pudding mixes, cinnamon, baking soda and nutmeg; add to the pumpkin mixture just until combined. Stir in nuts and coconut.
- 2. Transfer to three greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Wrap and freeze for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 143 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC