"A friend made this moist bread for us years ago," recalls Anne Smithson, Cary, North Carolina. "Because it makes three loaves, I can give one loaf to a neighbor, enjoy one with my family and freeze one for later."
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil and extract until smooth. Combine the flour, dry pudding mixes, cinnamon, baking soda and nutmeg; add to the pumpkin mixture just until combined. Stir in nuts and coconut.
- Transfer to three greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Wrap and freeze for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 loaves.
Originally published as Coconut Pumpkin Loaves in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p56
Reviews for Coconut Pumpkin Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review