- 5 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil and extract until smooth. Combine the flour, dry pudding mixes, cinnamon, baking soda and nutmeg; add to the pumpkin mixture just until combined. Stir in nuts and coconut.
- Transfer to three greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Wrap and freeze for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 loaves.
Reviews for Coconut Pumpkin Loaves
Sort By :
Loved this recipe but made the following changes: Replaced 1/2 cup of oil with 1/2 cup Apple Butter; added 1/2 cup Craisins. I do this with almost every pumpkin bread recipe I make and it always turns out moist and spicey.
I was in the pumpkin mood today with the cool weather we are having. This bread is delicous! Very moist and perfect for the season. Love it.