- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2-1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and salt just until eggs are blended. In a small saucepan, heat milk just to simmering. Gradually whisk into egg mixture. Stir in extracts.
- Transfer to five 4-oz. ramekins. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Place ramekins in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle).
- Remove ramekins from water bath; cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Custard Pudding in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2006, p546
Reviews for Coconut Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review