Coconut Pound Cake Recipe
This proven pound cake turns out perfectly moist every time. It doesn't need any frosting, just a dust of confectioners' sugar over the top. —Lazetta Bruce, Minatare, Nebraska
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups flaked coconut
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until combined. Fold in coconut. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 481 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 215 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Pound Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC