This pound cake is the best! Oven temps will vary, so if the cake is not done after 1 hour and 20 minutes, continue baking in 5-minute intervals. Use fresh, not bottled, lime juice for the glaze. —Jo McFarland, Sterling, Virginia
Recommended: 18 Recipes for Rum Lovers
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Toasted flaked coconut, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture just until combined. Fold in coconut.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 75-85 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine glaze ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Brush over cake. If desired, sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Pound Cake with Lime Glaze in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p134
Reviews for Coconut Pound Cake with Lime Glaze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review