This moist coconut cake is definitely one of my most-requested desserts. Use different cake mixes and pudding flavors for variety. —Gail Cayce, Wautoma, Wisconsin
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, toasted, optional
- Prepare cake according to package directions, adding coconut and poppy seeds to batter.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over the cake. Spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with toasted coconut if desired. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Poppy Seed Cake in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p14
Reviews for Coconut Poppy Seed Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review