Coconut Poppy Seed Bundt Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, oil, eggs and extract; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in the coconut and poppy seeds.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 48-52 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Coconut Poppy Seed Bundt Cake(6)
Sort By :
I was actually looking for a lemon poppy seed cake receipe when I found this ,so I used a lemon cake mix and lemon pudding. I wasn't too sure about using the coconut with the lemon,but I did and I was really happy with the end result!
Instead of powdwered sugar,I warmed up a prepared lemon frosting and poured it over the top of the cooled cake. Everyone loved it and are already asking when we can have it again. Very moist cake and it tastes even better the next day.
Great recipe. I used coconut pudding mix as I didn't have the extract. A great recipe for a pot luck.
Yummy. And even easier if you just use coconut cream pudding instead of vanilla - then you can eliminate adding coconut and extract.
An easy dessert that looks and tastes great!
Tasted real good with a warm cup of coffee.