This cake tastes so old-fashioned, you might be tempted not to tell anyone it starts with a mix! A hint of coconut and the tender texture make it simply scrumptious. All you need to dress it up is a dusting of powdered sugar. —Kathy Schrecengost Oswego, New York
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, dry pudding mix, water, oil, eggs and extract; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in the coconut and poppy seeds.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 48-52 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Bundt Cake in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p31
Reviews for Coconut Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review