Coconut Pistachio Pie Recipe
We simply loved the lightly toasted coconut crust that paired so well with the pale green pistachio pudding in this quick pie. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine coconut and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until firm.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread 1-1/2 cups over crust.
- 3. Fold whipped topping into remaining pudding; spread over pie. Sprinkle with pistachios if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece (calculated without pistachios) equals 371 calories, 22 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 520 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC