I made up this torte one afternoon, and when I served it that night, it vanished within minutes. That's when I knew I'd struck gold. —Joni Hilton, Rocklin, California
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 2 cups crushed crisp oatmeal cookies (about 20)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups pineapple or other tropical-flavored sherbet, slightly softened if necessary
- In a small saucepan, combine baking chips, coconut and cream of coconut; cook and stir over medium heat until chips are melted. Cool completely.
- Line a 9x5-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap, letting edges extend over sides. In a small bowl, mix crushed cookies and butter.
- To assemble, spoon 2 cups sherbet into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with half of the cookie mixture; press to make a firm layer. Spread with half of the coconut mixture. Repeat layers. Wrap securely and freeze overnight.
- Lifting with plastic wrap, unmold torte onto a serving plate. Cut torte lengthwise in half; cut each half crosswise into slices. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Coconut-Pineapple Sherbet Torte in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Reviews for Coconut-Pineapple Sherbet Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review