Coconut Pineapple Chicken
Pineapple, coconut and almonds dress up this pleasantly sweet treatment for cooked chicken. "It's a great way to serve leftover chicken," says Nyla Christensen of Rapid City, South Dakota. "Sometimes, I use turkey instead."
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted, divided
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a large
- skillet, combine the cornstarch, sugar, broth, lemon juice, salt and
- reserved juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the chicken, green pepper, coconut, pineapple, 1/4 cup
- almonds and extract. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is
- heated through. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Yield: 4-6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 300 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 620 mg sodium,