Coconut Pineapple Cake Recipe
This cake is incredibly moist and dense, which makes it ideal for chilling and cutting up ahead of time to serve as bars at social events. Mom is always asked for this recipe. —Krista Smith Kliebenstein, Broomfield, Colorado
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture alternately with pineapple. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost cake. Sprinkle with coconut. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 517 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 323 mg sodium, 82 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC