Toasted coconut and pecans add a nutty taste to these delicious waffles from our home economists. Give them a try the next time you're warming up the waffle iron.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Recommended: 23 of Our Most Decadent Chocolate Desserts
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup club soda
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs and oil. Add club soda and extract; stir until smooth. Gently fold in coconut and pecans.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 12 waffles.
Originally published as Coconut Pecan Waffles in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p47
Reviews for Coconut Pecan Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2013
"I have made this recipe many times and really love it. The club soda gives them a crispy outside but they are soft in the inside. I substitute butter or coconut oil for the canola oil because I don't like to use the canola oil."