Coconut-Pecan Sweet Potatoes Recipe
These delicious sweet potatoes cook effortlessly in the slow cooker so you can tend to other things. Coconut gives this classic dish a new, mouthwatering flavor. —Raquel Haggard, Edmond, Oklahoma
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in melted butter. Place sweet potatoes in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with pecan mixture.
- 2. Cook, covered, on low 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in extracts. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
2/3 cup equals 211 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Coconut-Pecan Sweet Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC