Coconut-Pecan Sweet Potatoes
“These delicious sweet potatoes cook effortlessly in the slow cooker so you can tend to other things.” Coconut gives this classic dish a new, mouthwatering flavor. Raquel Haggard - Edmond, Oklahoma
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place sweet potatoes in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking
- spray. Combine the pecans, coconut, sugar, brown sugar, butter,
- cinnamon and salt; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir
- in extracts. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 211 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.