Coconut-Pecan Sweet Potatoes Recipe
These delicious sweet potatoes cook effortlessly in the slow cooker so you can tend to other things. Coconut gives this classic dish a new, mouthwatering flavor. —Raquel Haggard, Edmond, Oklahoma
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours YIELD:12 servings
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Place sweet potatoes in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine pecans, coconut, sugars, butter, cinnamon and salt; sprinkle over potatoes.
- 2. Cook, covered, on low 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in extracts. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
2/3 cup equals 211 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC