- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in melted butter. Place sweet potatoes in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with pecan mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in extracts. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Reviews for Coconut-Pecan Sweet Potatoes
Sort By :
"Delicious! We loved them so much at Thanksgiving, that I am making them for Christmas!"
"Absolutely delicious! It's our new favorite. Tastes almost like dessert :)"
"My husband loves this recipe. He is the king of junk food, but loved the flavor in this dish, and I loved that it had way less fat and calories than traditional sweet potato casseroles. Will definitely be making this part of our recipe rotations!"
"my family loves sweet potatoes, so I have tried many recipes over the years. This one is by far The Best!I definately will make this recipe again-it is a keeper-not just for the holidays, but for everyday use"
"I do not care for sweet potatoes but had to have two helpings of these. I looked forward to them as leftover too!"