Coconut-Pecan Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place sweet potatoes in a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine pecans, coconut, sugars, butter, cinnamon and salt; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Cook, covered, on low 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in extracts. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Coconut-Pecan Sweet Potatoes(6)
Sort By :
Absolutely delicious! It's our new favorite. Tastes almost like dessert :)
My husband loves this recipe. He is the king of junk food, but loved the flavor in this dish, and I loved that it had way less fat and calories than traditional sweet potato casseroles. Will definitely be making this part of our recipe rotations!
my family loves sweet potatoes, so I have tried many recipes over the years. This one is by far The Best!
I definately will make this recipe again-it is a keeper-not just for the holidays, but for everyday use
I do not care for sweet potatoes but had to have two helpings of these. I looked forward to them as leftover too!
My husband loved these sweet potatoes! They're sweet, without being overly so, and the coconut and pecans complement the potatoes well.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Potatoes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Vegetarian Recipes >