- Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a large heavy saucepan, bring sugar and
- water to a boil. Add corn syrup; cook until syrup turns golden,
- about 5 minutes (do not stir). Gradually stir in cream and butter.
- Spread a scant 1/2 teaspoon caramel filling on the bottoms of half of
- the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Let stand for 2 hours or
- until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 94 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.