"I grew up on a farm with lots of pecan trees and have always had plenty of nuts to use," notes Barbara Ann McKenzie of Keytesville, Missouri.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add sugar, butter, lemon juice and vanilla; mix
- well. Stir in coconut and pecans; pour into pie shell. Bake at
- 350° for 45-50 minutes or until set. Cool completely. Store in
- the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 519 calories, 31 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 278 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.