Coconut Pecan Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 7 large egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Whipped cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine egg whites, sugar, coconut, cracker crumbs and pecans. Pour into pastry shell. Bake 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches): Combine 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour and 1/4 tsp. salt; cut in 1/2 cup cold butter until crumbly. Gradually add 3-5 Tbsp. ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
Reviews for Coconut Pecan Pie
"Very easy and convenient using a good quality store-bought crust and carton of egg whites. My husband loves anything with coconut in it. Next time I will put the banana slices on top which will take it up a notch from good to very good."
"This was very easy and convenient using a good quality store-bought pie crust and a carton of egg whites. My husband loves anything with coconut in it. I didn't read the blurb by the cook and so did not put banana slices on top. I will definitely do that next time, as I think it will take this recipe from the good to the very good category."