Coconut Pecan Pie Recipe
We top this with sliced bananas, whipped cream and more sliced bananas. It's based on a recipe my mom got from a pot holder she bought at the Patti's 1880s Settlement in Grand Rivers, Kentucky. —Jennifer Choisser, Paducah, Kentucky
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 7 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Whipped cream
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine egg whites, sugar, coconut, cracker crumbs and pecans. Pour into pastry shell. Bake 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC