- Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds
- together when pressed. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to
- a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry
- to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Line unpricked pastry
- with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans
- or uncooked rice.
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Remove foil
- and weights; bake 6-8 minutes longer or until light brown. Cool on a
- wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 350°.
- In a microwave, melt chocolates in a large bowl; stir until smooth.
- Cool slightly. Whisk in milk, egg yolks and vanilla; stir in pecans.
- Pour into crust. Bake 16-19 minutes or until set. Cool 1 hour on a
- wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, cream and
- butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve
- sugar. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks;
- return all to pan, whisking constantly. Cook 2-3 minutes or until
- mixture thickens and a thermometer reads 160°, stirring
- constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in coconut and vanilla; cool 10
- Pour over filling; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate 4 hours or until
- cold. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 801 calories, 54 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 215 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.