- extracts. Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt; add
- to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well
- after each addition.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks
- form. Fold into batter. Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for
- 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool
- In a large bowl, combine frosting ingredients until smooth; frost
- cupcakes. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 410 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.