Coconut Pecan Cookies Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- COOKIE DOUGH:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1. For frosting, in a large saucepan, combine the egg, milk, sugar and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes or until slightly thickened and mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Stir in coconut and pecans. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in 2 cups chips and coconut.
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. In a microwave, melt the remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread frosting over cooled cookies; drizzle with melted chocolate. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 243 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Pecan Cookies
"These are good cookies, but the long ingredient list and amount of time to prep means I probably won't be making them again"
"The frosting recipe calls for an egg, slightly beaten. It needs to be corrected to say egg yolk. When I followed the recipe the egg white started to actually cook in the mixture, messing up the whole thing. Im surprised nobody mentioned that in their reviews. Please proof-read recipes when putting them out there, one mistake can mess up a whole recipe."
"I just made these. Absolutely delicious!"
"These cookies are wonderful! If you like coconut, you will love these! I made them according to the directions, I baked for 10 minutes, cookies were soft & chewy. The frosting I felt was a little scant, would probably 1 1/2 or double recipe next time...and might try brown sugar in the frosting next time. But truly a hit in my book, will definately become a favorite at family gatherings!"
"sooo good! rich and chewy, I'm making them for my cookie exchange this year. Make sure you read the ingredients amounts very carefully I almost used a hole can of milk(8oz), other than that I did everything the same. I see why they are a blue ribbin winner. Love them thanks"