Coconut-Pecan Coffee Cake Recipe
I’ve learned to keep copies of the recipe on hand when I serve this moist and satisfying coffee cake. It has a nice level of coconut flavor from the pudding mix. —Beth Tropeano, Charlotte, North Carolina
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions, adding pudding mix and vanilla; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the pecans, sugar and cinnamon.
- 2. Spread half of the cake batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with half of filling. Top with remaining batter and filling.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 34-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over warm coffee cake. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece equals 296 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC