"This deliciously different bundt cake won 'Best of Show' when I entered it in the Laramie County Fair recently," reports Virginia Price from Cheyenne, Wyoming. Syrup poured over the hot cake makes the outside crusty and soaks into enhance the flavor.
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons coconut extract, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, 2 cups sugar, oil and 2 teaspoons extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture alternately with buttermilk just until moistened. stir in coconut and pecans.
- Spoon into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the water, butter and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; add remaining extract.
- Slowly pour hot syrup over hot cake. Cool in pan for 4 hours before removing to a serving plate. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Pecan Cake in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p65
Reviews for Coconut Pecan Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review