Coconut-Pecan Brownies Recipe
These moist, bakery-style brownies are made even better with a creamy cheese frosting featuring coconut and pecans. —Lesley Pew, Lynn, Massachusetts
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Fold in pecans.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a microwave, melt baking chips; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the melted chips, sugars, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth. Stir in coconut and pecans. Spread over brownies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 brownie equals 453 calories, 29 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC