Coconut-Pecan Brownies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Fold in pecans.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a microwave, melt baking chips; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the melted chips, sugars, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth. Stir in coconut and pecans. Spread over brownies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 453 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Coconut-Pecan Brownies
"I made this to take to church, and I didn't even get to sample it!! Even the crumbs were gone. I used a brownie mix, but made the topping as the recipe is written. I have made it several times and have always got rave reviews. (I have been able to have a piece for myself with subsequent bakings)"
"These brownies are amazing!! I can't believe that people rate recipes prior to making them. If you're going to rate something, try it first."
"This recipe gave me idea to make my own with dark choc. brownies and adding coconut pecan frosting into mix than bake. Probably won't frost.....Thanks"
"These look good; however, upon examining the recipe, I think I will make some changes before making them for the first time. From the name, I thought they would be more like German chocolate cake-tasting brownies. I love German chocolate cake, so I plan to use German chocolate, and for the icing, I am going to use the Coconut-Pecan Icing recipe that is found on the package of the bar of German chocolate."