These moist, bakery-style brownies are made even better with a creamy cheese frosting featuring coconut and pecans. —Lesley Pew, Lynn, Massachusetts
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate mixture. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture. Fold in pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a microwave, melt baking chips; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the melted chips, sugars, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth. Stir in coconut and pecans. Spread over brownies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut-Pecan Brownies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p67
Reviews for Coconut-Pecan Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review