Coconut Pecan Bars Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in coconut and pecans (batter will be thick).
- 2. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 122 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Pecan Bars
"These bars are simple and delicious. Whenever I take them to a family event or church function, I always get rave reviews and recipe requests."
"I'm mostly a chocolate freak, but these were delicious. Very butterscotchy with that butter/brown sugar thing going on. The coconut added some chewiness without pronounced coconut flavor. I didn't dust with confectioner's sugar because I'd used sweetened coconut."
"Very tasty Blonde Brownie. Chewy and gooey with medium coconut flavor. The true test is if the family eats them up....which they did. And if some one says will you make these again?"