- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside. In a large saucepan, cook butter over medium-low heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the coconut, sugar and cream.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until easy to handle, about 25 minutes.
- Roll mixture into balls, then shape each into a cone. Return to baking sheet; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip bottoms of cones into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to waxed paper to harden. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Peaks in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p39
Reviews for Coconut Peaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review