"I usually prepare desserts for potluck luncheons at our office," reports Betsy Furin of Rockville, Maryland. "My co-workers really enjoy this delightful combination of coconut pudding and fresh peaches."
Recommended: 22 Best Summer Pies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen peaches, thawed, divided
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Additional sliced peaches, optional
- If using frozen peaches, pat dry with paper towels. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, extract and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in coconut.
- Arrange a third of the peaches in crust; top with half of the pudding. Repeat layers once. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until serving.
- Top with remaining peaches. Garnish with whipped topping and additional peaches if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Peach Pie in Quick Cooking September/October 2002 , p12