- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar or honey
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut, almonds, sugar, flour and salt. Stir in egg whites and extract. Line a baking sheet with foil; grease foil well. Spread coconut mixture into a 9-in. circle on foil.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate overnight.
- Place crust on a serving plate; spread with whipped cream. Combine peaches and sugar; spoon over cream. Cut into wedges. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Peach Dessert in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p65
Reviews for Coconut Peach Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2012
"Awful! The taste was good but texture was hard as rocks, couldn't cut it with a dessert fork....... If you really wanted to you could crumble it up and make mini trifles with it, but I wouldn't bother!"