- 1-1/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar or honey
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut, almonds, sugar, flour and salt. Stir in egg whites and extract. Line a baking sheet with foil; grease foil well. Spread coconut mixture into a 9-in. circle on foil.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate overnight.
- Place crust on a serving plate; spread with whipped cream. Combine peaches and sugar; spoon over cream. Cut into wedges. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Peach Dessert in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p65
Reviews for Coconut Peach Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2012
"Awful! The taste was good but texture was hard as rocks, couldn't cut it with a dessert fork....... If you really wanted to you could crumble it up and make mini trifles with it, but I wouldn't bother!"