Coconut Peach Dessert Recipe
Field editor Inez Orsburn from Demotte, Indiana predicts, "If you enjoy peaches and coconut, you're sure to like this sweet fruit pizza-style treat."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 4 cups sliced fresh or frozen peaches, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar or honey
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the coconut, almonds, sugar, flour and salt. Stir in egg whites and extract. Line a baking sheet with foil; grease foil well. Spread coconut mixture into a 9-in. circle on foil.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Place crust on a serving plate; spread with whipped cream. Combine peaches and sugar; spoon over cream. Cut into wedges. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 358 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC