Coconut Peach Custard
Nothing is quicker than this dessert. It is easy enough to throw together even when there is unexpected company.Vicki Fox, Marshal, North Carolina
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh or frozen peaches
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk until
- smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of
- hot mixture into eggs; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring
- to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat;
- stir in butter and vanilla. Fold in peaches; sprinkle with coconut.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 244 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 130 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.