Coconut Peach Custard Recipe
Nothing is quicker than this dessert. It is easy enough to throw together even when there is unexpected company.Vicki Fox, Marshal, North Carolina
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups milk
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh or frozen peaches
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Fold in peaches; sprinkle with coconut. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Peach Custard in Country Woman July/August 2000, p35
Reviews for Coconut Peach Custard(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review