Coconut Parfaits Recipe
EVERY TIME I serve this simple but elegant dessert to guests, I have to give them the recipe, too. I found this dessert recipe in the early '50s and since then, it has earned a place in my tried-and-true file. I had to make adjustments to prepare it for two people, but it can be easily increased to serve any number. -Merval Harvey, Glennie, Michigan
- 6 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine water and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. Stir in coconut and vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into coconut mixture. Pour into dishes. Freeze 1 hour or overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds and coconut. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 433 calories, 33 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Parfaits
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2011
"Delicious and so simple to make!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC