EVERY TIME I serve this simple but elegant dessert to guests, I have to give them the recipe, too. I found this dessert recipe in the early '50s and since then, it has earned a place in my tried-and-true file. I had to make adjustments to prepare it for two people, but it can be easily increased to serve any number. -Merval Harvey, Glennie, Michigan
Recommended: 18 Recipes for Rum Lovers
- 6 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut, toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine water and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. Stir in coconut and vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into coconut mixture. Pour into dishes. Freeze 1 hour or overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds and coconut. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Parfaits in Reminisce January/February 1997, p45
Reviews for Coconut Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2011
"Delicious and so simple to make!"