Coconut Orange Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and orange juice until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into orange juice mixture just until moistened. Fold in oranges and chips.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over cupcakes. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 238 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Orange Cupcakes
"These cupcakes are EXCEPTIONALLY MOUTH WATERING GOOD!!! As soon as I pulled them from the oven I was so eager to taste one that I put a few in the frig so as to cool them fast and was I surprised. The flavor is GREAT. I would suggest that you eat them cold for they taste much better when they are cold. I started a new batch doubling the recipe and added some orange rind (3 table spoons) and the orange flavor is a tad more intense. In all I made 36 DELICIOUS cupcakes and they all disappeared the same day, I ate most of them, Ha....."
"Good and taste. Make weeken"
"Very nice flavor...came out more like a muffin than a cupcake."
"Everyone's asking for more."
"I'd try these, but whenever I make cake or cupcakes from scratch they turn out SO heavy. Maybe I'll utilize the frosting for something else tho.:)"
"These cupcakes were delicious! However, the preparation took me longer than what is listed on the recipe. I also had to make extra topping. What the recipe calls for wasn't enough...maybe I just like coconut too much!"
"made these 3 times because they were high in demand!!! extremely delicious!!!"
"Nice tasting cupcakes - cake texture with crunchy topping"