- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and orange juice until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into orange juice mixture just until moistened. Fold in oranges and chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over cupcakes. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Orange Cupcakes
"These cupcakes are EXCEPTIONALLY MOUTH WATERING GOOD!!! As soon as I pulled them from the oven I was so eager to taste one that I put a few in the frig so as to cool them fast and was I surprised. The flavor is GREAT. I would suggest that you eat them cold for they taste much better when they are cold. I started a new batch doubling the recipe and added some orange rind (3 table spoons) and the orange flavor is a tad more intense. In all I made 36 DELICIOUS cupcakes and they all disappeared the same day, I ate most of them, Ha....."
"Good and taste. Make weeken"
"Very nice flavor...came out more like a muffin than a cupcake."
"Everyone's asking for more."
"I'd try these, but whenever I make cake or cupcakes from scratch they turn out SO heavy. Maybe I'll utilize the frosting for something else tho.:)"
"These cupcakes were delicious! However, the preparation took me longer than what is listed on the recipe. I also had to make extra topping. What the recipe calls for wasn't enough...maybe I just like coconut too much!"
"made these 3 times because they were high in demand!!! extremely delicious!!!"
"Nice tasting cupcakes - cake texture with crunchy topping"