From Sparta, Wisconsin, Donna Justin's tried-and-true recipe features the delicate tastes of orange, white chocolate and coconut in an easy dessert worthy of company. "It yields 2 dozen delicious cup cakes with a pretty topping," she notes.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and orange juice until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into orange juice mixture just until moistened. Fold in oranges and chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over cupcakes. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Orange Cupcakes in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p43
Reviews for Coconut Orange Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review