Coconut Oat Cookies
These chewy cookies have been a family favorite for years. The pecans provide a crunchy contrast to go along with all that chewy goodness!
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- Pecan halves
- In a bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a
- time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, oats, baking
- powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in coconut. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2-1/2 in. apart on
- greased baking sheets (cookies will spread). Place pecan half in the
- center of each cookie and push down slightly. Bake at 325° for
- 14-16 minutes. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 244 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 278 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.