- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- Pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cream butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine next five ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in coconut.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2-1/2 in. apart on greased baking sheets (cookies will spread). Place pecan half in the center of each cookie and push down slightly. Bake 14-16 minutes. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Oat Cookies in Country Extra July 1994, p47
Reviews for Coconut Oat Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2015
"Very nice take on oatmeal cookies... good texture."
Reviewed May. 3, 2013
"These were excellent"
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2011
"My family & friends love these cookies. It is soft & chewy. The coconut flakes goes well with the oats. It's just yummy."