- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- Pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 325°. Cream butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine next five ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in coconut.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2-1/2 in. apart on greased baking sheets (cookies will spread). Place pecan half in the center of each cookie and push down slightly. Bake 14-16 minutes. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Oat Cookies
"Very nice take on oatmeal cookies... good texture."
"These were excellent"
"Tasty cookie. I cut down the butter to 1 stick (1/2 cup) and the sugar to 1 cup. The cookie is still moist and chewy :) Very easy recipe."
"My family & friends love these cookies. It is soft & chewy. The coconut flakes goes well with the oats. It's just yummy."