Coconut-Mango Mahi Mahi for Two Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 mahi mahi (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons peanut or canola oil
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1. Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and coconut. Dip fillets in the flour, eggs, then bread crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook fish in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown on the outside and fish just turns opaque in the center.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the mango, wine, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and pepper; cover and process until blended. Stir in basil. Serve with fish. Yield: 2 servings (1/2 cup sauce).
1 fillet with 1/4 cup sauce equals 487 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 200 mg cholesterol, 488 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.