- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 large egg white
- 1 (14 oz.) package (5 1/3 cups) flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Line baking sheets with foil. Spray foil with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, egg white, coconut and vanilla and almond extracts in large bowl; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Immediately remove from baking sheets to wire rack. Macaroons will stick if allowed to cool on baking sheet. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Macaroons
Sort By :
"The puddle of condensed milk at the bottom will burn before the rest is cooked. The entire cookie will fall apart. Make sure you use the correct coconut amount or this will likely be even worse."
"Great tasting! Each of my macaroons ended up with a little "puddle" at the bottom ... so, not quite the most attractive but definitely tasty! I put a maraschino cherry on top of each of mine and drizzled them with a thin layer of melted chocolate, too. Delish!"
"how much do you beat the egg whites?? Soft peaks, stiff peaks??"
"This is a wonderful recipe for homemade macaroons! They're soft and chewy with lots of flavor. I reduced the amount of almond extract to 1/2 tsp since that's what it calls for on the actual eagle brand website. It was a perfect amount! Also, make sure you read about much coconut you actually need! Overall, a wonderful recipe!"