- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 large egg white
- 1 (14 oz.) package (5 1/3 cups) flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Line baking sheets with foil. Spray foil with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, egg white, coconut and vanilla and almond extracts in large bowl; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Immediately remove from baking sheets to wire rack. Macaroons will stick if allowed to cool on baking sheet. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Coconut Macaroons
"annecooks, for what it's worth, the instructions and directions from Eagle Brand indicate 1 large egg white, beaten. However, I took lovetobake 100's advice and both omitted the egg and refrigerated the mix overnight and they turned out very well with no pooling of liquid.Another thing I did differently was to use a Silpat baking mat. That makes the aluminum foil/cooking or baking spray/parchment paper unnecessary and almost eliminates the possibility of burning the bottoms."
"I have, as everyone else I know, have always enjoyed these tasty little morsels throughout my entire life but never considered actually baking them....couldn't believe what an easy recipe !"
"Lovetobake100 gave the best recipe instructions on this. My question is, why put a recipe up if the website won't respond to questions? When I give out recipes, I give the best instructions to my ability so the cook doesn't waste time and money on slop that has to be thrown out! It doesn't speak well of me if I leave out important details that make a dish a success. I haven't made this particular recipe, but I'm sure it's delicious if I made it as lovetobake100 instructed. And to the question about the egg white, I'd like to know that answer too. I'd think you'd just add it to the mixture without beating. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me."
"Great recipe! This is a very simple recipe that turns out great!"
"I make this recipe -but without the egg white and the trick with these macaroons is to mix them and leave in the refrigerator for at least an hour -better overnight. The sweetened condensed milk gets partially absorbed by the dried coconut and then almost no pooling during baking -sometimes there is still a little -it seems to depend on how long the mix was refrigerated. Make good balls -pressed together a little when you place them on the cookie sheet to bake. Everyone has loved these cookies for years . I have given the recipe with the same advice and was told that it was the key to them turning out correctly. Try it , what do you have to lose-it is basically a very good and simple macaroon -the technique to make them needs to be tweaked just a little.-AND ALWAYS USE PARCHMENT PAPER WITH THESE MACAROONS _OTHERWISE GETTING THEM OFF THE PAN IS A JOB."