- With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks
- form; beat on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into
- coconut mixture. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean (cover edges with foil during the last 15
- minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool completely on a
- wire rack.
- For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan,
- bring cream and corn syrup just to a boil. Pour over chocolate;
- whisk until smooth. Drizzle over pie. Refrigerate until set. Yield:
- 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 575 calories, 39 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 278 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.