Coconut Macaroon Pie with Chocolate Ganache Recipe
Coconut pie lovers will be in heaven with this delectable pie covered with a rich and silky chocolate ganache. I reminiscent of good old-fashioned candy.Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened. Gradually add sugar, beating on high speed until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in the cream, butter, lemon juice, salt and extract. Fold in coconut.
- With clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form; beat on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into coconut mixture. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For ganache, place chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream and corn syrup just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth. Drizzle over pie. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Coconut Macaroon Pie with Chocolate Ganache in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p78
Reviews for Coconut Macaroon Pie with Chocolate Ganache(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review