I came up with this recipe after my husband and I returned from our first trip to Hawaii. Dipping these tropical treats in a good cup of coffee brings us right back to the wonderful memories we made there.—Shannon Koene, Blacksburg, Virginia
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and oil until blended. Beat in eggs and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in coconut and nuts.
- Divide dough in half. On parchment paper-lined baking sheets, shape each half into an 8x3-in. rectangle. Bake about 25 minutes or until set.
- Place pans on wire racks. When cool enough to handle, transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Return to pans, cut side down.
- Bake 15-18 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway into mixture; allow excess to drip. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut-Macadamia Biscotti in Country Woman 2013
Reviews for Coconut-Macadamia Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2014
"I really like coconut, but did not like this combination with macadamia nuts. I prefer the almond biscotti."
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2014
"This is a really good biscotti recipe. I have made this several times to give as gifts and every time I am asked for this recipe."