Coconut-Macadamia Biscotti Recipe
I came up with this recipe after my husband and I returned from our first trip to Hawaii. Dipping these tropical treats in a good cup of coffee brings us right back to the wonderful memories we made there.—Shannon Koene, Blacksburg, Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing YIELD:30 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar and oil until blended. Beat in eggs and extracts. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in coconut and nuts.
- 2. Divide dough in half. On parchment paper-lined baking sheets, shape each half into an 8x3-in. rectangle. Bake about 25 minutes or until set.
- 3. Place pans on wire racks. When cool enough to handle, transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Return to pans, cut side down.
- 4. Bake 15-18 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 5. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway into mixture; allow excess to drip. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC